this is a must
oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries this morning, and an orange for a snack!
Want more interesting fitness/health trivia tidbits and other cool info?
PLEASE DON’T REMOVE THIS TEXT - IT HAS RECIPES FOR EVERYTHING :c
There are a lot of ways to eat healthy, this is just the way I was taught by one nutritionist. I use a strict meal plan to help control my eating disorder, yours doesn’t have to be this structured :)
I shop and do a lot of prep on Sundays since thats my day off. You can prepare before meals instead if you like. I just like to be able to grab my meals and get on with life. I also always include extra calories for a free treat at the end of the week. I think its 100% ok to have a cheat/treat once a week to help with motivation + to help practice making good, less structured choices.
Prep for this meal plan:
Strawberry Kiwi Salad: Just a kiwi and a handful of strawberries cut up with a 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt.
Ground Chicken: Browned, patted/drained of any excess fat, and separated into 5 3oz servings
Baked Tofu: Recipe here The calorie count for mine is low from using a low calorie sauce. I use Annies Naturals BBQ sauce - its 45 cal for 2 tablespoons and really yummmyyy.
Carrot Chips: Recipe here
Chicken Salad: Recipe here I took out the almonds and cut the recipe in half - i also like to add shredded carrots sometimes instead of cranberries.
Baked Apple: Recipe here
Bruschetta: I buy mine in a jug from Sam’s Club, but you can make your own easily. Recipe here (leave out the cheese and bread, obv) its great for pasta or eggplant parm/italian chicken as an alternative to tomato sauce. It doesnt take much of it!
How to hard boil an egg - You can make these and pop them in the fridge with the shell still on til you’re ready to eat them
What is Ezekiel bread - I buy a loaf and freeze it. It freezes very well and I just take what I need and thaw it when I need it. Its one of the most filling breads EVER.
I’ll be posting my plans every sunday or monday <3
I’m asked literally every day “how long it will take to see results”.
The truth is… it depends. It depends on where you are starting with your own fitness level… it depends on how intensely and INTELLIGENTLY you are training (length of time is less important than how hard you’re pushing yourself), it depends on how well you are eating, it depends on how much water you’re drinking, the supplements you’re taking, the amount of sleep you’re getting and how much stress you are allowing to effect you.
Want to see results in a short amount of time without going to harmful extremes? Here are my tips:
- Lift heavy weights.. or even moderate ones. If you want your muscle-building or “toning” results to take YEARS instead of months, by all means stick to the little 3 pound beauty bells. If you want results within MONTHS or in some cases even WEEKS, lift heavy. Challenge yourself. Start with a weight you can lift for 8-12 reps with proper form. If you can do more than 12 reps, the weight is too light.
- Eat CLEAN.. stop kidding yourself. I say that bluntly because many women (I myself am guilty) try to convince ourselves that things we do are ok or healthy. Those 100 calorie snack packs? They’re not good for you and they’re not doing your waistline any favors! Throwout the packaged, processed, junk food and stick to clean, natural, wholesome foods. You’ll feel energized, healthy, and your body, skin and attitude will GLOW.
- Drink about a gallon of water a day.
- Stop drinking alcohol! If you’re serious about your health and fitness, this won’t be an issue.
- Try to get your 8 hours of sleep.
- Keep stress levels low by finding ways to relax.. meditation, yoga, bubble baths… when you are stressed, raised cortisol levels contribute to abdominal fat storage and can make your health and fitness goals slow considerably.
- Stay positive, there will be bumps in the road. You will make mistakes. But every time you “give up” you have to start over and it just sets you back more time. If you mess up on a meal, fix it the very next meal!
I use this tip all the time!